Sinclair Park Community Center is pleased to announce the commencement of our new Mini Soccer Program!
Changes To Mini Soccer:
Sinclair Park is officially leaving FC Northwest for Mini Soccer. We wish to thank FCNW for all of the years that we played Mini Soccer with them, but we have been finding that the lack of communication, combined with the rising costs, is becoming more than we wish to bear, or for our parents and children to have to deal with.
As a result, there are a number of things changing about Mini Soccer for the 2017 season, and we hope that parents and players alike are as excited as we are!
- All games are home games! That's right, all games will be played out of Sinclair Park Community Center, at our Robertson site. This means no more travelling out of the city for games! We are also doing all team making and scheduling in house, so we will be able to have information out to parents as soon as registrations close!
- Lower costs! Without all of the overhead association fees, we will be able to offer Mini Soccer at a flat rate of $76.00 for all ages! This means that families will save between $20.00 and $45.00 per child!
- Less red tape for coaches! We had a lot of parents who wanted to volunteer to coach last year, but couldn't because they were unavailable to take the clinics. There are now no clinics for coaches to take! All that the coaches need to do is a Child Abuse Registry Check (paid for by SPCC), and complete an online Respect In Sports course!
What's Staying The Same?
- All children will still be a part of an organized Mini Soccer team! There will still be coaches, teammates, and we will still be loosely following the LTPD program, while making Mini Soccer more fun for your children!
- Tim Hortons will still be sponsoring our Mini Soccer teams!
- All players will still receive a brand new jersey to play in, as well as a soccer ball that they can keep. There are also medals for the children at the end of the season!
- There is still a windup party! We will still be hosting a mass windup for all of our soccer players at the end of the season!
- If you our your child wish to continue playing Mini Soccer with FC Northwest, please let us know! We can draft a letter for you that will allow you to register your child at a Community Center that is still running FCNW Mini Soccer.
As always, Sinclair Park is looking for volunteers to help coach the Mini Soccer teams! These teams would not be able to run without the support of parent volunteers. If you are interested in helping coach your child's Mini Soccer team, please let us know! We will not be able to host teams without coaches!
We also know that there will be many changes coming to Mini Soccer for the 2019 season, and we also know that not everything will run 100% perfectly. Our Board of Directors, as well as our Mini Soccer Convenor, are working as hard as they can to smooth out any potential kinks or bumps in the road. We also know that many parents will have questions about the new program and how it will affect their children.
If that is the case, please do not hesitate to contact our Mini Soccer Convenor using the contact form below. She is more than happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding Mini Soccer, including pricing, registrations, and changes.
We know that parents are eager to know what days their children will be playing on. Unfortunately, we do not have firm dates, since the age groups will be determined by the number of registrants. We will have game days available for parents as soon as possible. We are aiming to follow the same format as last year, running on Mondays and Wednesdays only, with the 4/5 year olds playing at 6:00 PM and the 7/8 year olds playing at 7:15 PM. Where the 6 year olds play is dependant entirely upon the number of registrations we receive, and the age of the child at the beginning of the season.
The time is upon us for the 2019 sports season! Registrations will begin at the end of February, and will continue through mid March. The registration dates are as follows:
Monday, Feb 11th - 6:30 - 8 PM
Tuesday, Feb 19th - 6:30 - 8 PM
Monday, Feb 25th: 6:30 - 8 PM
Saturday, March 2nd: 12 - 2 PM
Monday, March 11th: 6:30 - 8 PM
Thursday, March 14th: 6:30 - 8 PM
Tuesday, March 19th: 6:30 - 8 PM
Monday, March 25th: 6:30 - 8 PM
Tuesday, April 2nd: 6:30 - 8 PM
Wednesday, April 10th: 6:30 - 8 PM
Tuesday, April 16th: 6:30 - 8 PM
The fee for 2019 Mini Soccer will be $76.00. This fee is all inclusive, and includes your child's soccer jersey and soccer ball, as well as their $13.00 field usage fee. The fee is partially subsidizable, with the exception of the field usage fee. The subsidizable amount is $63.00.