Changes To Mini Soccer:
Sinclair Park is once again making some changes with the format of mini soccer. In light of concerns expressed to us last year by parents, we are looking at a new way of breaking down teams so that the ages of all players on a team are much more realistic.
For many years, we have done registrations based off of the year of a child's birth, rather than their physical age. This year, we will be changing things up a bit, and registrations will be based off of the child's actual age. Firstly, we will now be accepting registrations for 9 year old players, provided that they are still 9 by the end of June when the season ends. Secondly, we will no longer be accepting 3 year old players, only players who are age 4 as of May 1st, 2021. We know that this will be a disappointment for some parents, but there is a huge difference between a 3 year old and a 6 year old, particularly regarding size.
These changes mean that we will accept players born between June 30th, 2011 and May 1st, 2017. The 4/5/6 age group will consist of children born between June 1st, 2015 and May 1st, 2017. The 7/8/9 age group will consist of children born between June 30th, 2011 and May 31st, 2015.
We know that Covid-19 is bringing a lot of changes to sports, and this will have an effect on Sinclair Park's mini soccer season. Some of the major changes are listed below:
1) Under NO circumstances are people allowed to attend mini soccer if they have travelled outside of Manitoba within 14 days, been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or who is awaiting test results, or who are having symptoms of Covid-19, including (but not limited to) fever, sore throat, runny nose, body aches, shortness of breath, coughing, sneezing, conjunctivitis, or an unexplained rash.
2) We have dropped the price for mini soccer from $78.00 to $40.00 for this year only. We are unable to include items like team photos and the windup due to Provincial Health Restrictions, and we see no sense in making parents pay for something that they won't receive.
3) Teams will be larger this year, to account for parents and children who need to miss games due to illness. We want our teams to be able to continue playing, but we know that parents regularly need to keep children home because they aren't feeling well. Soccer games will be called off if there are any confirmed cases of Covid-19 amongst the children or parents.
4) Parents and children will be required to abide by the Province of Manitoba's public health restrictions. While we cannot tell you what these may be come May, we will be ensuring that all parents and children are in compliance at all times. This can include things like limiting the number of spectators, spreading games out over the week, enforcing social distancing policies, and mandating mask usage (if required).
5) Due to the aforementioned Public Health Orders, we cannot offer access to the building under any circumstances. This includes access to washrooms. We are unable to provide any sort of washroom access this year. Please try to ensure that your children go before coming to the fields.
6) Children cannot choose the team that they are placed on. We will do our best to ensure that children are placed on a team with siblings, but other requests for teams cannot be accommodated this year.
We welcome feedback from parents regarding the new changes. These changes are not ideal, and we understand that there will be many questions. We are doing our best to run a mini soccer season this year, and we appreciate your patience as we try to navigate the changing landscape of Covid-19.
The time is almost upon us for the 2021 mini soccer season! Registrations are now open, and will continue through mid April.
The fee for 2020 Mini Soccer will be $40.00. This fee is all inclusive, and includes a jersey to use for the year and a soccer ball, as well as their $13.00 field usage fee. The fee is partially subsidizable, with the exception of the field usage fee. The subsidizable amount is $27.00. The jersey MUST be returned at the end of the year. If you do not return your jersey at the end of the year, you will not be able to register for mini soccer next year.
As we have lowered all fees, we do require a minimum number of children to register in order to host the season. We require 40 children at the age 4/5/6 level, and 40 at the 7/8/9 level. Alternately, we would require 80 children at either one of the levels. Sinclair Park is not profiting off of mini soccer this year, but we do still have expenses that need to be paid out.
Great news! Mini soccer will be moving back home to Sinclair Park for 2021! All games will be played at Sinclair Park, with the fields being drawn out back behind the gym.