Sinclair Park is doing our best to bring back Open Gym! In order to meet the guidelines set out by the Province of Manitoba, we are having to change up how we are doing things.
1. Open Gym will temporarily have a cost associated with it. We don't like doing this, but we cannot afford to pay the staff to open the building without finding a little bit of income somewhere. This is only a temporary measure! As soon as we are able to run hall rentals again, Open Gym will go back to being free.
2. Open Gym will be run in two hour blocks, for the time being. One block will run from 9:00 - 11:00 AM, and the second will run from 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM. The building will be closed between 11:00 and 11:30 to allow our staff adequate time to sanitize the building between groups.
3. There will be two options for paying for Open Gym:
a. One two-hour block will cost $5.00, and this can be paid every time you book a space.
b. You can purchase a ten block pass for $40.00. The pass is transferable, and yes, you can use some of the entries for your friends! You will receive a card, and our staff will punch out squares on the card once it has been used. This way both you and our staff will know how many more blocks you have left on your card. The passes will be valid for one month, in the same way that a bus pass is.
4. Open Gym will no longer be solely a drop in program, for the time being. Since we have to limit the number of people in the building at any one time, we are restricting the number of players in any time block to 18. This should give you guys more than enough people to play full court games, but it keeps our numbers low enough to factor in appropriate social distancing. Spaces can be reserved by using the contact form at the bottom of the page. This will guarantee that you have a spot in whichever time block you choose to book! Remaining spaces may be opened up for drop-ins, but these are not guaranteed. Any available drop-in spaces will be listed on this page.
5. If we do not have enough people committing to a time block, we will not run Open Gym. We cannot afford to pay our staff if we only have one person here. This restriction may be either lowered or waived for the first couple of trial weeks. If we do have to cancel a time slot, an email will be sent to anyone who registered for the time slot at least 12 hours in advance. Right now, the minimum number of players that we would need is 10.
6. Yes, you can reserve spaces in more than one time block! If you want to reserve spaces for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you are welcome to do so. If you want to register for multiple time blocks in one day, that is also allowed. In that case, please be aware that you will still have to leave the building in between time blocks so that our staff can sanitize the space, and you would need to pay for both blocks (or use two of your passes!).
7. As with all other businesses, nobody will be allowed to attend Open Gym if they have any symptoms of Covid-19, been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19, or has traveled outside of the province in the last 14 days.