Sports Rental Availabilities: March 29th to April 18th
Updated: Apr 6, 2021
ALL AVAILABLE SPACES HAVE NOW BEEN BOOKED. WE HAVE NOTHING AVAVILABLE THROUGH APRIL 18TH. NEW DATES WILL BE RELEASED ON APRIL 17TH.
We have been receiving multiple messages from people inquiring about sports rentals. While we are offering them, there are some restrictions that have been put in place by the Government of Manitoba, and those are restrictions that we MUST follow. They include:
1) There can be a maximum of ten people utilizing the space at one time. This means that no, we cannot book out the space for your 15 person basketball group. Ten people means ten people. People like children and spouses will count towards the number of people that you can have in the space.
2) Masks must be worn at all times, including while participating in physical activity. This means that those coverings have to be on while you're playing, and not just while you're on the bench.
3) We do have to collect contact information from everyone when they arrive. Yes, we do have to get your name and phone number. Don't worry, though, we won't be selling your phone number to a spam calling agency. We'll only use it if you make each other sick. If you don't make each other sick, you have nothing to worry about.
4) Due to Provincial regulations, we do not have a pump to loan out for basketballs or volleyballs. If you need a pump, please ensure that you bring your own.
Now, if we haven't managed to scare you away yet, here's a list of the dates we have available right now. There aren't many, but it's what we have.
Rules for Booking:
1) Interested parties will need to send an email to email@example.com to inquire about their desired time slots. No other method of communication will be allowed. We are not in the office on Friday or Saturday, so phone calls will not be responded to until Sunday evening. Facebook messages are not regularly monitored.
2) Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis. Dates will go quickly, so please don't delay in sending us an email!
5) We are limiting the number of dates that one group or individual can book. We want to give more people the chance to book a space, since we know that they are limited right now. Groups can choose to either book for one time slot, or for up to three individual dates.
Time Slot: If the group wants to book one time slot, they would get the three dates that occur with that time slot. For example, a group that books a 7:00 - 9:00 PM time slot on Tuesdays would have that slot for March 30th, April 6th, and April 13th. Multiple time slots cannot be booked by the same group.
Individual Dates: If the group wants three individual dates, they could book a 7:00 - 9:00 PM slot on a Wednesday, a 3:30 - 5:30 PM slot on a Monday, and a 4:30 - 6:30 slot on a Sunday. Groups cannot book more than three individual dates over the three week time period.
5) ALL of the dates and times that we have available are listed. If you don't see the date or time that you want, it means that it is not available. We promise that we aren't hiding dates and times from you guys. Inquiring about dates and times that aren't listed isn't going to go anywhere, unfortunately. The response to your email will be "We're sorry, but the date that you are requesting is unavailable."
6) The cost for booking a two hour time slot is $63.00, and three hour slots are $94.50. We are not booking for one hour time slots at this point.
7) Dates must be paid for in advance. This can be done either with a credit card over the phone, or by arranging a time to come down in person to pay either in cash or by debit. Dates booked on either Friday or Saturday will be held until Sunday, pending payment. We don't want to take dates away from genuinely interested parties, but we have had a rash of groups not showing up to their booked time slots. These are spaces that we could have given to another interested group. We want to make sure that our space is being utilized properly, and that means that we have to ask for advance payment. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you are interested in booking any of the above time slots, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, if you want to rent the space for sports, please email us at email@example.com. Messages to our Facebook page may go unanswered for several days, since it is not constantly monitored.