So, we made you guys a promise a little while ago. We promised that we would announce when Open Gym will be returning, as long as you guys didn't listen to all of the rumors flying about. Well, a bunch of you listened to the rumors anyway, but we figured that we would be nice folks and let you in on our little secret anyway.
Open Gym Basketball will be returning on Monday, March 21st, 2022. Open gym will be running from 9:00 - 1:00 PM on available days. Open gym will NOT be open every day. We do not yet have a complete schedule, so stay tuned for that! What we can tell you is that open gym will NOT run on weekends. Saturdays and Sundays are never going to have open gym on them. There will be an average of three or four mornings a week though, so we aren't shorting you on dates!
Now, there are a couple of rules that will go along with open gym, at least for the first little while. Those rules are as follows:
- We will be limiting open gym to no more than 25 participants at any one time, at least for the first few weeks. Once things are running more smoothly, we will allow more people to attend. Because of this, we do ask that participants vacate the gym once they are finished playing. We want as many people to be able to attend as possible!
- Participants will be required to provide proof of vaccination until April 1st, 2022. After April 1st, it will not be required. Mask usage will be optional.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gym, other than bottles with sealable lids. Most fast food coffee cups do not have sealable lids! The canteen will not be opening until March 28th, so please ensure that you bring your own water bottles with you for that first week!
- Please ensure that you bring a pair of indoor shoes for open gym. Outdoor shoes must be left on the mat outside of the gym.
- Please do NOT yell at our staff, for any reason. Anyone found to be yelling or being aggressive towards the staff will be asked to leave.
As mentioned above, we also have reopening dates for both our canteen, and for table tennis.
The canteen will be reopening on March 28th. We will have a selection of drinks available, as well as products like candy, chips, chocolate bars, and microwave food. We are not going to be serving fried food like fries, poutine, or chicken fingers for another several weeks. Our staff need some more training on those!
Table tennis will reopen on Wednesday, April 6th. We want to allow our staff time to adjust to open gym and the canteen being reopen before dropping more programs on them. Table tennis will run from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM on Wednesdays. If there is sufficient interest, we will look to expand it to more days of the week. Please be aware that we only have two tables available for use at any one time. We include the nets, and balls/paddles can be rented as well. We don't promise that the paddles we have are of good quality, and you are more than welcome to bring your own!
We will be posting a schedule for open gym here and on our Facebook page in the coming days. Keep your eyes peeled for that!